Software Development Manager
Introduction to the job
We are Applications - a dynamic business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We make metrology equipment and create full-stack software control products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
We are looking to enhance our software development team with a talented Group Manager to drive the growth within the team! Would you like to be part of one of the most densely populated communities of software specialists anywhere in the world – dedicated to conquering complexity with software? If so, then we would like to meet you!
Role and responsibilities
As manager of the group, you lead and manage a group of software professionals. You act as solution provider by driving development of new features and functions of the applications in your group and function. You achieve alignment with program management on the contents and staffing of the activities within your scope. You stimulate and facilitate the personal development of group members.
The group manager:
- Leads the group (typically ~25 people); hires, coaches and instructs the members: defines and assigns targets, evaluates priorities, solves problems, monitors budgets, organizes a strong customer focus in the group to achieve the responsiveness and reliability we need to secure expansion of the business.
- Takes care that interaction and stakeholder management with the diverse and relevant parties (research, multidisciplinary D&E groups, Holistic Applications, CS and customers) is in place.
- Takes care that the group has a balanced focus on providing long and short term solutions.
- Contributes to the definition and implementation of departmental policy and departmental planning, including personnel, budgets, investments, resources and methods etc.
- Is the co-owner of the related function cluster (FC) roadmap and responsible for enabling and executing on needed innovation.
- Ensures the availability and adoption of best known methods, standards and tooling.
- Facilitates an effective learning feedback cycle and manage the relations of other competence owners in and outside ASML.
- In cooperation with department managers and project managers, you areresponsible for the planning and allocation of your group members to the various project activities.
Education and experience
Master or PhD degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering and a background in software development in a technical environment
>3 years relevant leadership experience in a technical software development environment or related working environment, preferably as group lead. Knowledge of software development is a must.
- Strong personal communicator;
- Academic mindset with a pragmatic approach;
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills;
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting;
- Entrepreneurship and initiative in a technically complex and very dynamic environment;
- Technical background of semiconductor industry processes, process integration, process control, semiconductor devices and manufacturing is preferable;
- Experience of Agile/scrum methodology and practices in large scale development preferable;
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.