Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
This role will involve developing, implementing, and maintaining software programs. The successful candidate will identify areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications. This role entails testing and evaluating new programs as well as providing training to users.
This position falls under the Information Services Branch. The Branch provides cross-divisional platforms and services such as IT infrastructure and business applications; provides reliable and secure technical infrastructure within a context of strict adherence to approved confidentiality and security guidelines and procedures; and identifies opportunities where the use of information technology can improve OPCW business in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
This job offers a tax free salary including an attractive benefits' package of financial assistance for childcare, global insurance coverage, provident fund and 6 weeks of holiday!
Sounds like an interesting position to you? Apply now!
You will work towards the development of software applications and utilities to enhance the modern workplace systems (Microsoft 365) of the organisation using frameworks such as: .NET (C#), ReactJs, SPFx (SharePoint Framework) and tools such as Power Apps and Power Automate.
In addition, you will maintain existing software applications. You may also resolve software technical or procedural problems and train users to use new software applications.
You should have a High School Diploma or equivalent Diploma of higher secondary education.
Highly Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information systems or any related fields.
Knowledge and Experience
Make sure you have at least six years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in:
- Developing applications on SharePoint, of which at-least 2 years is on SharePoint Online;
- Experience in programming using Microsoft .Net (C#) and any front-end framework (eg. Angular/ReactJs/Vue);
- Experience in developing applications using one or more of the following frameworks or platforms: SharePoint Framework (SPFx); Power Apps; Power Automate.
Skills and Competencies
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills and competencies:
- Professionalism: Has knowledge of software development mainly using Microsoft Technologies (.Net & SharePoint) and knowledge of software development life-cycle and quality assurance activities. Has good technical/coding skills, the ability to participate in development and maintenance of applications and to provide user support. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Fluency in English is essential and a good working knowledge of one of the other official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) is desirable.