.NET Developer in Lisbon
We are looking for a .NET Developer to join our Development team in our Lisbon office. You’ll be part of the development of our Payroll/HR application, working in an agile mindset, creating new features, and helping us scale our product.
Who we are
Nmbrs is a tight-knit family full of hard-working, passionate and dedicated professionals. We develop cutting edge software that provides our customers with the efficiency and control they need to give their employees the best possible HR and payroll service.
As a .NET Developer at Nmbrs, you’re going to architect and develop new features for our product and be involved in the software development life cycle. Your part will be more than just a coder. Here, everyone is involved and works together to come up with solutions to different situations, and making sure that we maintain the quality of our product's code.
Your squad consists of four disciplines: Product Owner, QA Engineer, Support Consultant and Developer(s). Together you’ll have ownership over one part of the Nmbrs® product.
You’ll not only be part of a squad but a member of the development chapter as well. All developers within the company are part of this chapter, which is around 26 people at the moment. The chapter discusses long term development strategies, decide which technologies to use, and share knowledge, problems and solutions with each other.
Your typical work week
The week starts on Monday of course when we share some events of our weekend at the coffee table. Usually, somewhere at the start of the week, a scrum will be held to decide how the current sprint is going to be tackled. All sprints are bi-weekly and tickets are planned and prioritised at the start.
Occasionally there is a so-called ‘code red’ when something in the application breaks. During this time everybody that can fix the situation is expected to do so. Your normal tasks will be on hold and it will be all hands on deck until the emergency is resolved.
Next to your daily software development duties, you will also be asked to join our development chapter meeting. During these meetings, you are invited to be part of the technical discussion of long term decisions, which will influence future features. At the same time and at the squad level, you have the possibility of taking part in the technical and functional designs that define what will be done for the feature at hand. No matter how experienced you are or how long you’ve been working at Nmbrs, your voice will be heard and your opinion matters.
The salary range for this position, working full-time, is between 42k and 65k.
Some ongoing projects within the company:
- Breaking up our monolithic architecture into microservices;
- Migrate application infrastructure to Azure;
- AI project that supports our customers with their daily responsibilities;
- Revamping UI and UX ensuring our product always looks presentable and up to date.
Perks and Benefits
- A flat organisational structure that gives you the freedom to do what you do best;
- You’re not alone in this. A personal coach is there to help you with your personal and professional growth;
- We kick off the summer by bringing in all offices together for an amazing event at a very secret location that gets crazier each year;
- We try to have some fun once all the work is finished. We partake in bouldering, have a couple of drinks on Friday or hit the town for a night out, grab our boards to catch some waves or get sweaty during a Crossfit session;
- We ensure a healthy balance between your professional and personal life;
- We’re a little different, not crazy. And we hope you are too.
We are looking for you if you have:
- Experience of .NET with Visual Studio (C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Webforms);
- Knowledge of SQL Server / T-SQL;
- Experience with unit testing frameworks;
- Hands-on experience with continuous delivery & continuous integration and have seen/worked (nice-to-have) with continuous deployment;
- Experience with Agile development methodologies;
- Collaborative and team player spirit: it’s important that you like to help your colleagues and are able to give and receive feedback;
- A solutions-oriented mind: you keep yourself updated with new technologies, procedures, and are able to apply them.