RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partnerorganisationswe engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
We are looking for a Developer with strong knowledge of WordPress and Drupal 7 & 8 to join our team for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function.
You embrace a 21stmindsetwith a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
- Beingthe go-to person for technical aspects of large-scale web-based solutions andco-creation of partner web-development
- Supporting in translatingfunctional design into technicaldesign
- Maintaining and updating the technical architecture in cooperation with externalparties
- Managingthe relationships with the hosting companies and performs DevOps asneededis a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree or relevant workexperience
- At least 5-7 years of web application development with a strong understanding of the entire web development process, and a strong grasp of security principles
- Experience working with Git, preferably exposed to GitFlow
- Experience with or is comfortable with integration of RESTfulAPIs
- The ability to work with Linux (Ubuntu), Apache,NginX,Solr,Memcache& Redis
- Experience with DevOps operations, such as SSH, WP CLI, Drush and CI/CD deployments and testing would be a plus
What we offer
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team ofhighly skilledprofessionals. Weare a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams.Wehave an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does qualityofwork.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is gradedin salary scale8(€3.381 – €4.795,02). Your salary will bedependenton experience and expertise.We offer aone yearcontract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young peopleforwhom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa,Asia,the Middle East andLatin Americaare particularly welcome to apply.